As I was reading a recent trade show article, I realized the importance of using a marketing firm that is connected with your respective industry sector. Here’s some reasons why:
1) They are familiar with the content. Having worked in the industry they should posses a breadth of knowledge of how best to reach the target market. There’s no learning curve. It’s plain and simple—they get it. They speak the language of your clients, having worked in the industry.
2) They are familiar with your competition. They should know what others in the industry are doing and how the competition is attracting new clients. They should be keeping up with industry trends and technological innovations.
3) They know third-party vendors that also specialize in your industry such as printers, display fabricators, social media experts and media buyers that specialize in your same industry sector. These vendors know what works and how to best save your firm unnecessary costs.
4) They often have file libraries of industry-related materials including brochures, photography and illustrations. Having these rsources will prove to be an invaluable resource when developing the creative.
5) They will save you bottom line costs since they know what market sectors to target and they are likely to be familiar with trade shows, publications, media outlets, and have social media contacts and media buyers that cater to this industry. They also can refer to consultant contacts in the industry who, when needed, can provide technical expertise.
6) They often have won industry awards. These accolades make it easier for you to select a firm. Industry awards add to a firm’s integrity and credibility. Ask your contacts in the industry. It’s a small world and word of mouth travel fast. Go with a proven winner!
7) They know your customer. These industry-related marketing firms should know the likes and dislikes of your average customers and the best ways to create a change in behavior. This will produce the greatest return on your investment (ROI).
Our firm, for example, specializes in the following industry sectors: healthcare, transportation, non-profits, public relations, the cable industry and government. As the creative director, I have worked directly in the transportation and government sectors as an art director/design manager and am quite familiar with the lingo and unique attributes of this industry.
As well, we have served healthcare clients for more than 23 years and have created hundreds of pieces for this sector. We have also worked extensively with government agencies, non-profits and PR firms and the cable industry and have won awards from various industry-related organizations. As a result, we concentrate primarily on clients in these six sectors since this is where our true expertise lies.
Why not go with a firm that knows its stuff? Knowledge is invaluable and it will ultimately save your bottom line.
If your company needs new marketing materials, a rebranding or has an urgent deadline or work overload, please contact HWDS at email@example.com. We make things happen! To find out more please visit westdesign.com
Harlan West is the author of successfulcorporatecommunications.com and has been working as a creative director and design professional for more than 25 years and has designed and art directed hundred of publications for both print and online purposes.